Generator & Combustibles cause house fire
Wellington Fire Dept. and Rescue responded to 1309 North B at 6:56 am Saturday with the report of a fully involved carport with the fire extending inside the residence.
Both residents were safely outside with one dog but another dog was inside. The pet was found, CPR was initiated but could not be revived.
The fire was quickly under control but there was a need to pull ceilings and walls to look for hidden fire. Significant smoke damage was done.
The $10,000 Fire Loss was due to a generator too close to combustibles.
Fire Chief Hay reminds residents that a generator should not be used as a permanent electric source.
A kerosene heater was also operating in the house.
Mutual aid was received by surrounding departments.